Sunday 20 October 2013

My Hair Analysis Results

I have a feeling that this post is going to be the most important post I have ever written for this blog in all these years.
A couple of weeks ago I had sent some of my shedded hair strands to the US to have it analyzed by GoosefootPrints. Well I did already knew my hair is in pretty bad shape but I have to admit that I was a bit shocked when I finally got my results.

Here's the sad truth:
Hair strand thickness: medium
Hair elasticity dry: normal
Hair elasticity wet: low
Porosity: low at the roots, mostly normal to porous in the middle, porous to extremly porous on the ends

My hair is extremely dehydrated and needs protein!

What does this mean for me:
I had my ends trimmed at the salon last week (about 1")
I will go back to oiling my hair with coconut oil before washing it (something I used to do religiously but have neglected lately).
I will add honey to my conditioners and treatments
I won't comb my hair when it's wet (only gentle finger-combing)
I will only use products that has the recommended ingredients

It took me a couple of days to search through all the information this analysis provided and search for products with the recommended ingredients. That was a tough job mainly because it can sometimes be difficult to find full ingredients lists of products online.

However I did manage to find a couple of products (two of them had been on my wishlist for a while anyway) and I will introduce them to you soon.
In the meantime I have even found some more which is a good thing because you know how it is when you have found that one product that could be your holy grail and than it gets discontinued.

If you have problems finding the right products for your hair and you don't feel like spending years trying them all I highly recommend to invest the money. It's really as fair price for what you get in return. Of course there aren't any guarantees that these new products will work magic on my hair but right now I think my hair can't get much worse so it's always worth a try. I don't have anything to loose.

To see the full analysis click on the pictures below to inlarge them!


















 












2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. The knowledge is power, and now you have a power/knowledge to make a positive change for your hair.
    My hair is porous and dry. I tried using redken extreme cat protein treatment, followed by kerastase masqueintense and some of my hair snapped, only few ends, from redken, assumed that it was too strong (more protein that i needed).
    Kerastase, on the other hand, as expensive as it is, always worked a treat.
    At the moment thou I am using revita cor hair growth stimulating shampoo and conditioner and my hair grew like crazy, which helps as I am trying to grow out all the coloured and bleached parts of my hair.
    Good luck and hang in there! :)
    p.s : Also, how much did you pay approximatelly for your hair analysis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. I paid about 20 Euro for the analysis which I think was a fair prize.

      Delete