Tuesday 7 August 2012

Update: Scalp eczema

I've got good news! My husband just checked my scalp a couple of days ago and the brown/yellow covering which I had was completely gone. Just in case you don't remember, it looked like this:



Pretty gross, isn't it? lol

I still have a little bit of the regular dandruff (the little white flakes) but not as many as I used to have. My scalp sometimes does itch a little during the day but it's defintely at a level where I can say that I can live with it. All I did to get this problem under control was using a good anti-dandruff shampoo on a regular basis and to control the itching I used an anti-dandruff hair lotion about 3 times a week.

I hadn't oiled my hair with coconut oil before washing it for a couple of weeks after reading here that this might worsen the problem. Well, since this was the only site where I have read this while every other site seems to encourage the use of coconut oil when having scalp problems I have gone back to oil my hair. Today I have even oiled my scalp. Oh, how I have missed my coconut oil. We'll see how how my scalp reacts to it.

1 comment:

  1. Coconut oil is anti-fungal and moisturizing therefore fights against dandruff, I actually commented on that blog entry and asked her what she has to say about oils that have anti-fungal properties, but she has not replied yet. *shurg*

    ReplyDelete