Monday 18 June 2012

DIY: Honey Spritz

Since I have been kinda lazy on the DIY front lately I thought it was about time to get creative once again. Well not THAT creative since I 'stole' this recipe from someone else (thanks, Prusse).

Ok, here we go!

I needed:
- 100 ml of warm water
- 1 tsp. honey
- lemon juice
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture conditioner
- 5 drops of essential orange oil

- a spray bottle (100 ml)

I boiled the water and let it cool down a bit to the point where it wasn't hot anymore. Then I added the honey, a dash of lemon juice and conditioner and the orange oil and stirred it all well until the honey and the conditioner were dissolved nicely. I filled it into the spray bottle and there you go!




I keep this in the refrigerator and will use it to moist the end of my sleeping braid before I go to bed. This can be used alone or the moisture can be sealed in with either jojoba oil or my sheabutter-jojoba oil-mix.

If you want to know more about the benefits of honey in hair care please head over to Cinnemon Hair's website. It's one of my favourites!

I got the idea for this leave-in from Prusse's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment